Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ghost vs. AA bowa, how would you handle it?

[:1]So I got my *** handed to me by hacks the other night, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with this particular problem and maybe a solution too.

Ran across a regular ole Faith GMB pure bowa zon, probably a glass build, using AA. So as soon as she's on the minimap, I've got namelocked GA coming at me. I admit that I died like a dog. Even if I went 100% aggressive she could just run for a second and all the arrows already in the air namelocked on me would kill me or put me in knockback+fhr, giving her enough time to fire more from off screen or wherever and kill me.

What would you do? S&E is not an option, you're trying to be better than the hackers unless they start potting or similar.

Please, please do not give me a speech about GA and how it wasn't AA because it was invis GA or she had prior namelock etc., etc. I know what all of these techniques look like and they don't have GA following me as soon as I step onto her minimap.|||Make maxblock necromancer. Use golem + decrepify + doom and prison.

Win.|||Quote:








Make maxblock necromancer. Use golem + decrepify + doom and prison.

Win.




That's cheating too. :P

Probably isn't much of a solution to this, I suppose. :/ zon would auto tp at 75% anyway.|||Keep Shadow up at ALL times. Teleport to her, but never straight on. Try and keep it in an arc going towards where you'll cut her off. Rely on the Shadow to MB her, and stomp when able. Zons tend to WSG out frequently, and trapping takes precious time.

When in your "arc" (roughly .5-.75 screen radius), the arrows cannot reach you at 65 FCR with spaced out teleports. When you over shoot her, stomp and whirl in the opposite direction she was headed. It needs to be a short one, and teleport off quickly. If she's using chicken hacks, a venom Ghost might not be able to deal enough to out right kill her, but physical Ghosts usually can.

After the first volley of WW and flee, double back around in a wide arc and cut her off again.

Because the arrows are AA'd, they aren't aimed at where they can predict, so that makes it even easier for you. Time your first tele when you're far enough away you can keep going when the arrows turn back to you. With the right spacing, the previous will still be following you, yet out of reach. When teleporting, the shadow should take the majority of the blows anyway.



Defensive play is too difficult vs zons of any kind. They run out of trap range quickly, and WSG out anyway. All that preparation takes time that they send more arrows your way.|||Thanks Sass, that sounds plausible. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

I was probably getting too frustrated to think well. :x

No comments:

Post a Comment