Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tips for untwinked kickassin

I have decided to try a dtalon assassin. She's gonna to be untwinked.

What kind of items, should I look out for?

I imagine a lot of skulls to get life leech, but is there any socketables I should look for to put skulls into?

How important is mana leech and life leech exactly?

Where should I get my crushing blow from?

I'd like not to rerun areas, so is my best bet to get crushing blow from crafting blood gloves?

My skill allocation will basilcy just be investing in dtalon, maybe in fury as well and those 1 point wonders. I'd prefer not to use traps, but I do consider using DS for corpse explosion. Any suggestions for skill allocations that fit this?

Also should I use BoS or Fade?

Since I am untwinked, I imagine I should go for BoS, because it's unlikely I'll find a weapon fast enough for Fade, is that correct?

For stats, I'd basicly go enough str + dex and rest into vita. I'm thinking of using dual claws, so I'd go for claw block. However how much strength and dex is a good idea to aim at early?

I ask, because I'd really dislike to have to use my stat reset halfway through normal, realising I should have invested more in str./dex.

Well, most important is tips for the untwinked player, what drops I should look out for and what items I maybe can buy in shops. Also I really dislike to gamble my money [real life problem], so please don't suggest gambling.

So thanks for replies.|||Hmm, without rerunning, it'd be hard to gear up very well.



Still, there are low items good enough to take you to end game.

The Death's Set's Glove + Belt combo gives you IAS, Res and Cannot be frozen. Crushflang mace (unique) gives CB, Skewer of Krinitz gives mana leech and Blood Crescent gives life leech (and life / Res). With your C/C approach, the "Strength" rune word (Amn Tir, fairly easy to do) gives you + STR, 25% CB, and life leech. It can be made in any weapon, so don't worry if you have a 2 soc scimitar (or similar that's nice and fast) but no good claws yet. Mana will often be a problem, but Manald Heal rings aren't hard to get even untwinked. For leeching mostly, you'll need some strong boots. Sigon's is easy to get and does good damage.



From skill, basically 1 point in the wonders (venom + reqs, Dflight + reqs, Shadow if you want one), MB for crowd control, and you should have plenty of skills to max DS eventually.|||The great thing is that not counting secondary weapon mods, all kickers do basically the same damage. Kicks are not affected by damage from charms or weapons, and the only thing that really influences it is the type of boot you use. Since you can always get some kind of elite boots, you are always fine in that department.

Death Sentry (a very important part of your damage) is the same story here; corpses are corpses.

Strength is a really nice weapon for a kicker indeed. Life leech and 25%CB really are nice mods. You only need some source of mana leech, not a lot of it.


Quote:




Since I am untwinked, I imagine I should go for BoS, because it's unlikely I'll find a weapon fast enough for Fade, is that correct?




Actually it's quite easy.

Here is a link to speed calculator. You can check the breakpoints there yourself, but just aim for x/3 kicks and you are fine. With a Strength in a Scimitar (could also be a Blade Talon) like suggested you only would need 16% IAS extra (20% IAS is not abnormal on gloves) to reach 9/3 kicks.

So Fade is IMO the preferred choice.|||I am also playing a HC untwinked Kick-sin. I am currently lvl 39 and wondering if my gear is up to par and what to plan for in the build.

I have the runes for the Strength Runeword. What is the best claw to use it on? Will i get more CB if i use 2 STR claws?



At maxed out Dtalon (21) i am seeing 144-212 dmg with 4 kicks. Does this seem low?

Stats (Items)

STR 80 (100)

DEX 95 (110)

VIT 75

NRG 25



Skills (+1)

Dtalon 20

1 Dragon Flight, 2 pre reqs

1 in all Shadow Disc, 2 in Venom (+1 switch)

DS 6, 3 pre reqs



4% Mana Leach Helm (need better)

Crow Caw

Crushflange

Sigon Shield

25 MF Glove (trying to get Blood Glove)

Nightsmoke

Goblin Toe

28% LR ring

4 STR 19 FR ring

31 MF ammy|||The second Strength Claw will not add CB to kicks. The best claw for it is going to be a GT (fast since it has no IAS), but any will do low in the game.



DOn't pay attention to the listed DTalon damage. Even a maxed DTalon with Upped Gores is ~900-1K damage. Your damage comes from CB%, and the screen doesn't show elemental damage even though it gets applied.|||Quote:








At maxed out Dtalon (21) i am seeing 144-212 dmg with 4 kicks. Does this seem low?




At level 39 it is time to get some exceptional boots. You could upgrade the Goblin Toes for example.|||What would be the best merc for this build? And where can i find out the lvl of aura the hireling has.



using holy freeze merc and wondering how much of a dmg boost the might merc will give me.|||I think only he gets the boost. If you get it, it'd show up when using normal attack.



At the very least, a HF merc is a nice choice. If you have Insight (not too hard to do), a prayer merc works very well and saves on the pots.|||You get the boost too, but its not THAT big - untwinked HF may be a better option as that slow can save you. The majority of my builds use HF or Might, but they typically have better gear.

There are tables for the merc auras, just can't remember where.

No comments:

Post a Comment