Saturday, April 21, 2012

Criticize my Ghost please!

I have created my Ghost and was wondering what you all thought about my build. I kind of meshed the two builds I saw in the stickies up top:

Circlet (http://img18.imageshack.us/i/screenshotcirclet.jpg/)

Mara's

Enigma

Chaos (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/screenshotchaos.jpg/)

Fury (http://img215.imageshack.us/i/screenshotfury.jpg/)

Trang Gloves

Ring (http://img684.imageshack.us/i/screenshotring.jpg/)

Ravenfrost

Arachnid Mesh

Shadow Dancer's

9xSkillers (2xFHR's)

Lifers/Single Res SC's

Here is my skill build: (http://img265.imageshack.us/i/screenshotskills.jpg/)

20 Claw Mastery

20 Venom

20 Mindblast

Fade until level 42 (I forgot to calculate BO when doing points so it's at 43)

Weapon Block until 60%

1 into PreReqs

1 into WoF

Rest into Shadow Master

By the by, I posted my resists prefade. I'm trying to have max resists even with Anya Bug so shooting for 105 Resist all.

I do fine against Sorceress and Amazons.

Problems:

1) Druids and Necromancers who don't stay still. Am I just too slow in namelock? Somehow WoF and Mindblast won't keep them still...

2) Trapsins... how do I win?

3) Hybrids... even harder T_T

Are Hybrids just another one of those classes Ghosts can't beat? Is my gear the problem? Maybe ditch Circlet for Crown of Ages...?

Also, is there a thread anywhere comparing ghosts and hybrids? Pros and Cons each have over the other? Thanks!

I play US East Ladder and if there's anyone out there who's decent with their Ghost who wouldn't mind tutoring me... thanks!

*Gemshrine|||Your gear is fantastic.



@1: Druids are a bit easier than necs. Vs both, you need the shadow up for her MB too.

Druids you should be able to stun and triwhirl them. If they're blocking, only do a brief one and re-stun.

Necs are harder to keep stunned with tri whirls, so you want to chainlock them with norm attack / Dclaw. Being stationary with a master for minion stack, you'll be able to tank them and keep them stunned.

If the namelocking itself is the problem, you'll get better with practice.

@2: They're hard. You don't want to be predictable and go right into 5x traps. Sometimes they camp and you almost have to. If they do, circle them so the traps fire, but miss and then tele in to whirl back out of range. Re - circle or chase if they moved. Very hard, needs a lot of practice.

@3: Similarly, hybrid can camp, so they get treated like a trapper that you have to be careful around when you get near. When they whirl after you, they're basically like fighting a ghost anyway.

If you whirl past and can get him to come after you outside of trap range, he'll be easier. You want to tele behind where he's going and intersect at an angle. This is also hard, but helps in all WW vs WW duels, not just here. Another thing that just needs a ton of practice on.|||Sass, thanks for the tips. I guess I just need practice now. It's just that Necros and Druids just don't stay FHR locked like Sorcs do. I will try standing stationary against the Necros. Druids, I've become better at.

As for charms, I have a few spots left over... I had a chance to get a ring with higher resists and it frees up my charm spots. Shall I fill with Max/Ar/Life SCs? Any other suggestion?|||Not really. damage/ar/life are pretty much the only other ones you'd use once res and FHR are ok.|||i find chucking a 'master into a camping trappers trap field to take all the hits then sprinting diagonally kinda towards them allows me to get a namelock.

sometimes.|||Your ghost is unmotivated and not a very snappy dresser.|||Quote:








Your ghost is unmotivated and not a very snappy dresser.




What's that mean? O_o|||A play on "criticizing". :P|||I find her gothic plate enigma to be quite sexy in my opinion :P|||Red pants and golden plate mail looks.

My fav as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment