Saturday, April 14, 2012

New ladder, would this work

[:1]Hi everyone!

Very new to assassins, made a kicker around 1.09 and it was fun but with the

ladder reset I am thinking about making a MF trapsin so I can find some gear. Here is the shell of what I was thinking for the initial. My question is how viable is this?

Skills

20 Death Sentry

20 Lightning Sentry

20 Charged Bolt Sentry

20 Shock Web

1 Fireblast

All pre reqs to get fade and shadow master.

put about 12 or more in shadow master.

Equipment

Helm: Lore (shouldnt be too hard)

Armor: 4 perf topaz armor

weaps: 2x +3 to traps (+3 to shadow skills on switch for helpers)

belt: resistances / mf

rings: mf

gloves: res and mf

boots: frw, res and or mf

I am tryin to shoot for about 200 or more mf startin from scratch. Just curious if my Shadow Master, Shadow Warrior and Merc would be able to handle the lightning immues? Will this kill fast enough to be a viable mfer.

I just dont like sorcs so am always looking for a different build. I play too aggressive for a fishymancer. Your thoughts are appreciated.|||Trappers are excellent untwinked area clearers. You should max fire blast to handle lightning immunes. Since your main killer is the corpse explosion from DS the loss in light damage isn't that bad. Mind blast and cloak of shadows are both essential crowd control skills.

I haven't tried this recently, but I remember wake of fire being a very effective skill for normal.|||I don't know a lot about Assassins, but that looks like a standard trapper to me, and they are pretty powerful even untwinked. There should be a trapper guide in the sticky up top. Be sure to check there.

Playing untwinked on ladder, you should be able to make Insight in an exceptional/elite polearm which gives decent damage. After your merc drops a corpse or two, Death Sentry usually cleans up the rest, Lightning Immune included.

edit: @Hubb: Stop typing faster than me! |||Trapsins are good untwinked MFers. I'll second the reccomendation of maxing fireblast. I usually start trapsins by maxing fireblast first, then putting stuff in the lightning skills.

Fireblast will take care of the vast majority of your immune problems. Throwing them at your feet is a good panic move vs. lightning immunes if you're fast enough to keep things in hit recovery.

'Lore' will be very easy to get, but consider ptopaz'd tarnhelm if it should drop. You can also gamble blue circlets until you get something you like (+3 traps, for example), have larzuk hole-punch them, and if you get lucky, put 2 ptopaz in it (or 1 if you're unlucky or have a nice rare).

For the very early game, a couple of Tir runes in armor will make fireblast almost mana-cost free, and a 'leaf' staff = +3 fire skills = +3 fireblast.

No comments:

Post a Comment