Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick Trapsin Claw Question.

I have collected 2 Bartucs for the +skills, but was wondering if perhaps a Jade Talon might be a better choice to replace one for the extra resists. Though I suppose the +2 to Fade from a 2nd 'Tucs would offset that.

My other gear I have set aside is a Smoke Mageplate and Silkweave boots.. so not much to go with thus far..|||Damage vs res is always a tough one, it depends how much res you're getting from the rest of your gear (I just re-equipped my trapper this morning and decided to go hoto/spirit, we'll see how that goes). I think 40 or 50 all res is a good number to aim for, with light being most important.

Also note that bartucs is [-30] so it'll give you faster trap laying speed.|||Quote:








Damage vs res is always a tough one, it depends how much res you're getting from the rest of your gear (I just re-equipped my trapper this morning and decided to go hoto/spirit, we'll see how that goes). I think 40 or 50 all res is a good number to aim for, with light being most important.

Also note that bartucs is [-30] so it'll give you faster trap laying speed.




Hmm... Well, Smoke alone will give me 50 res, that on top of the 3 Anya Quests alone will put me at -20 res all in Hell. Lore + 2 Bartucs will give me a minimum of lvl 6 Fade, which will be another 45, so with no other gear I'll be looking at +25 resists. Not a horrible working base to start with for a ranged char I suppose.

I already Have a shael set aside to socket into one of the Bartucs when I hit act 5. Which would bring up another question... I should just stick the shael'd claw on the slot in the left side on the inventory screen, correct? Also, would adding a shael to the 2nd claw make any sort of speed difference, or is it just the primary claw that this affects?|||Ye, I suppose it's not that hard. Shael in the primary/above gloves/first-equipped claw only, there's not much you can put in the off-hand claw.|||Quote:








Ye, I suppose it's not that hard. Shael in the primary/above gloves/first-equipped claw only, there's not much you can put in the off-hand claw.




Cool.. ty for the help |||Jades and bartucs aren't really used for end-game gear aside from specific builds, so I wouldn't worry about planning too much around them except for temporary purposes.

A Trapper can even get away with negative resists because of their ranged playstyle.|||Best easily obtainable claws for a trapper are two magical cunning GTs or even BTs from Anya. Larzuk each for 2os and use resist jewels / IAS jewels as required.

No comments:

Post a Comment