Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dual Claw - Dragon Claw

Ideas for assassin build??

Max Dragon Claw (primary skill)

Max Claw Mastery

Max Fade

Other skill points go to the shadow skills.

Gear

Claws:

2 x Natalya's Mark

Primary claw with sheal for the 60 ias.

Armor:

Fortitude

Why?

300 Enhanced Damage and Life

Gloves:

Laying of hands

Why?

20 ias + 350 Damage to demons

Boots:

Gore Rider

Why?

Best boots for melee

Belt:

String of ears

Why?

15 PDR and life leech

Helm:

Gully

Why?

Best helm for melee

Amulet:

Highlord

Why?

20 ias + DS

Rings:

Raven + Carrion Wind|||Why would you max fade?|||Upped Bartucs will be much better claws (Ethereal if you can swing them and still make up the IAS). Cloak of Shadows, Mind Blast and Death Sentry will be your friends. The rest of the gear seems pretty well thought out, but I am not a huge fan of Carrion Wind. Also, you may not need the additional IAS once you move to a faster claw type.

Those are just my thoughts.

Laz|||Since Dragon claw requires high amounts of IAS for a decent speed, I wouldn't attempt one without BoS.

With 2 Nat's Mark DC requires 377 IAS (!) for max speed without BoS.|||I have a build guide in progress:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost....85&postcount=6|||Okai guys! I have tested the build i had in mind. First of all, even though I have a almost perfect torch and anni, i had to spend a lot stat points in dexterity and strength to be able to use Natalya's Claws. Anyways, I made some small changes and this is how it turned out:

Using dual Natalya's Claws which have ITD, 200 ed, 200 ed to demons, 200 ed to undead + some elemental damage, with Laying of Hands gave a total of 550 ed to demons. These claws and gloves, combined with Fortitude, made the assassin a powerfull demon slayer.

Using Gore Rider, Guillaume's Face and Highlord's Wrath gave me a total of 60 % DS, 50 % CB, 10 % OW.

Having maxed Claw Mastery, I reached a total of 22 % CS.

The attack rating I had was decent, but did not matter much due to the ITD on the Claws.

"Chronowarp" askes why I maxed fade.

Well, the answer is simple; as a melee character one needs PDR. It's just a must, when u go crazy on a bunch of mobs. Fade also gives a buch of resist.

Having fade maxed and using a perf String of Ears i reached a total of 40 % PDR.

I now realize I forgot to mention Weapon Block. Weapon Block is essential in this build. I did not spend too many points in this skill though, because it requires level 26 for 60 % chance to block. I trew 15 skill points in this, in my opinion, awsome skill, and reached 58 % chance to block with gear.

"Von Lazuli" writes: "I am not a huge fan of Carrion Wind".

A melee character needs life leech. When attacking groups of mobs u constantly get hit. If you dont have any life leech, then only depend on your offensive skills or your health potions to save you. If Carrion Wind does is not on your favorites list, then maybe a rare ring with dex/str and life leech is a better option.

I tried upgrading my 196 and 199 ed bartucs. The damage i reached was not better with these claws. Keep in mind that Natalya's Claws have 200 ed, 200 ed to demons, 200 ed, and the most mobs you meet are either undead or demons.

The amount of life leech i had was just not enough, so I switched out my Laying of Hands with Dracul's Grasp. It was obvious that the damage done to demons much, much, much lower, but using Dracul's Grasp turned out to have huge benefits. I dont know why, but the life tap got was on almost every single attack. Maybe is has something to do with DC or the amount of IAS.

More to come... Feel free to comment.|||whyd u stop posting?! damnit...this was so relevant to my researching|||Try and keep in mind the last time something was posted in. This was last posted 2 years ago.



This should prove useful to your research.|||Quote:








whyd u stop posting?! damnit...this was so relevant to my researching




Lmao! Ye, that was 2-3 years ago... however, today I installed d2 and will get back to my favorite class/spec, the dragon claw assassin! |||Welcome back. Since you have been away I have finally managed to complete my DC assassin. Updated guide is here:

The Aggressin - DC/DS Assassin Build Guide

(Although I disagree with you on alot )

No comments:

Post a Comment