Monday, April 16, 2012

Trapsin w/ rift, enigma.

This build is PvM-oriented. I almost never PvP.

I wanted to make a Riftsin, so I followed Sara's guide. However, I really like teleport for a variety of reasons, so it is natural to go with Enigma, instead of Dragon Flight, which annoys me, to be perfectly honest.

Anyway, currently she's equipped with:

  • Dracul's

  • Raven

  • Arachnid Mesh

  • fcr ring

  • Upped Gore Riders

  • 35% fcr Spirit Monarch

  • Enigma

  • Nightwing's socketed with a 15% IAS, 23% ed jewel

  • Highlord's

  • 9 Trap skillers/Torch/Annihilus charm

  • [To be acquired] Rift Caduceus



I've got the following questions:

Will she be able to do ubers? Since the answer is probably 'yes', what should I change in the above setup to deal with them? Keep in mind that those items are going to be stashed.

Could Death Sentry work with just 1 point? I only need it for the corpse explosion. Besides, if Charged Bolt Sentry works like an amazon's Charged Strike, it should be great against bosses.

Any way to increase resistances? She has -31/4/39/4 resistances without fade and I'm planning to grab a few +5@ small charms to fill her inventory up. I'm afraid that even with fade active, mephisto will one-shot me with his lightning.

Is a +2 assassin skills +10 frw +10 fcr +15@ +20 fire resist amulet any worth to her?

Thank you for your time.|||LS is more effective than CBS, but neither can be counted on in UT. Both will hit harder than FO will.



Since it's PvM, tele shouldn't be a problem, especially in UT. Use a CoH. It has the same skills and DR, but 65 Res.

Also, Metalgrid amulet can get 25-35 and easily handle any potential AR issues. That amulet is definitely a step in the right direction.



Ditch the spirit. It's lack of block / your lack of life for getting block will hurt you big time. SS has the DR, block and res you need.



I recommend TGods rather than Arach. It'll help make up for the lack of Enigma's STR (thinking about the upped gore's STR req).





I'm also worried about the cast delay on FO. It can affect how well you can leech.











I'm hesitant to say it can't do Ubers, but definitely test it by organ hunting.|||You are talking solely about UT, right? I could probably ditch rift for a Grief when Ubering. //edit: besides, I need some IAS from somewhere

So + Stormshield, Metalgrid, CoH, Thundergod's and Grief?|||Also, I would have a Stormlash/Black and SS on switch for Ubers. I would also keep an Ort socketed Guillaimes in my stash for ubering as well. Without CB and max block for Ubers you will likely perish|||Grief doesn't do anything for kicks.|||Quote:








Grief doesn't do anything for kicks.




Aha, good to know! Stormlash it is, then.|||I have a riftsin; but never tried doing ubers with her, as I consider her quite fragile.

Technically it's a class that doesnt need that many skillers, in fact you can live without any; so you could fill the whole inventory with resists charms.

But this of course, will affect your traps.

As I understand you are building more of a trapper, than a rift sin. It' not a rift-sin with traps; it's a trapper with a backup kick skill, which in your case is rift. I think last wish would be million times better for UT.

My "pure" rift sin is just a fragile girl; she wears a faceted stormshield and a nightwing and even with 75% block she gets hit quite often, due to the relatively low defense. I use a defiance arua to boost it; but it doesnt help that much. (it's not a barb with 15k def, but some assa with just 5k).

Im also curious if you will find rift that good without nightwing. I dont think it can be any useful in UT.|||LW would be better, but Nama's Stormlash suggestion is better than LW.|||I'm sure LW kicks ***, but due to cost I have to go with a stormlash, I'm nowhere near that rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment