Saturday, April 14, 2012

Poor Kick/Trapsin help please

[:1]Hello,

I am making a kick/trapsin (maxed LS and synergies + 18 DT + Venom from treachery). I have very low wealth(basic nightmare and hell meph stuff). I am planning to use the following gear. Please help me in optimizing my assassin.

Guillame's face

Treachery

Crescent Moon

Shield = ??

Switch : Dual Spirit or Bartucs or should I gamble for cunning claws(??)

Ammy = ?? (I have a Mara's)

Ravenfrost + scintillating ring(14 resis)

Rare Gloves with 20ias, stats (??)

Thundergod's vigor or string of ears (??)

Upped Gore Riders

2 MA skillers(plain)

As for the shield while kicking, is block very important ? I plan to use kicks only for bosses or other high life monsters while using traps for usual questing.

btw, I play PVM solo in single player. I have no high end runes in my pocket. So no CoH, last wish etc.

Thanks in advance|||Crescent Moon: Great for CtC Static, but all the other mods are meh; other options that come to mind are Fleshripper, Azurewrath, and (optimally) Stormlash.

Shield: Use Stormshield. It will protect you. If you don't have/can't get one, use Spirit.

All the other items you mentioned would work great, although I was always annoyed by the Fade on Treachery and preferred my own BoS. Lionheart was my favorite alternative (short of CoH).|||Unfortunately I don't have any of those weapons and neither do I have stormshield. So, I guess I will use spirit. btw, will elemental damage from Tiamat's rebuke help the build(It also has juicy resists on it) ?

I chose treachery because it also strengthens traps which are my primary source of offense. Also single player means no torch and anni. So I would need fade for resistances.|||If you can't afford or don't have a stormshield, try Whitstan's Guard, upped Moser's Blessed Circle (socketed with 2 pdiamonds or whatever), or a Rhyme (shael eth) in whatever shield you want.|||You should test bartucs/shield if you feel like 50% cb from guillaume and gores are fine as I ended up with my kicksin using it and Moser's Blessed Circle (2 pdiamonds) ... as Krath mentioned Rhyme is quite good and cheap alternative so is Whitstan's for better block rate and animation.

Whatever is just my opinion as I focused on a build to make ubber's too and I wanted to reach lvl 24 DT for more kicks and 86fhr thats when bartucs went in as I didnt have others sources of +skill but the armor.|||Gloves should be Laying of Hands if anything (pretty easy to pick up in Nightmare, if I remember right); that, or Hellmouth/Lava Gout (whichever enchants you and ramps up your Attack Rating).

Kicker weapons, kicker weapons... put like 4 shaels and 2 eths into a phase blade if you're not hitting breakpoints.

Thundergod's vigor > string

Bartuc's = awesome; shael = awesome. Worst case scenario, use the Black runeword - (Crushing Blow).

Pardon me if some of this is inaccurate, haven't played in years.

Shields? Sigon to run with, endgame I think I always ended up with Sol'd Gerke's Sanctuary. Oh! Or sol sol Mosers. Or pdiamondx2 mosers.|||Quote:








Gloves should be Laying of Hands if anything (pretty easy to pick up in Nightmare, if I remember right); that, or Hellmouth/Lava Gout (whichever enchants you and ramps up your Attack Rating).




Magnus' Skin might be better than Lava Gout. 101% from enchant on top of your ~1000% from Dragon Talon with Lava Gout. 100 AR multiplied by your ~1000% on Magnus' Skin.|||ilkori's guide to kickers and dancers|||i loved my crescent moon !! -35% light res to enemy is priceless for a poormans build! traps all of sudden really start packing a punch. i used it all the way up to lvl 85 when i got a last wish, which u wont be using of course. things really got easier when i got my shadow master to lvl 18, and learned how to use CoS more. Good luck. And i also used Tiamats. I was told the elemental dmg counted.|||Sentries are unaffected by the -Light res.

No comments:

Post a Comment