Monday, April 16, 2012

Level 79 and clueless

I've done a bit of reading but I'm still left with some scattered questions. Prompting this, I feel really fragile in Hell... but maybe that's just how it is? I've really not played around in Hell difficulty until recently.

Level 79, 936 life

Max Tiger Strike (31 w/ +skills)/Dragon Claw/1 point in Cobra Strike (12 w/ +skills). No points spent in MA past TS/CS/DC.

Shadow Master, no points in Venom/1 point in Fade on account of Treachery runeword, 50% on Weapon Block, Cloak of Shadows, Death Sentry

I may have made a mistake in putting Treachery in a 165 req str armor and my life is a bit lower as a result. A lot of my gear is just bad, but I've got 2x Bartucs, and Kira's Guardian (resists/cannot be frozen).

I really like Burst of Speed but if I don't have Fade up I just take way too much damage. Is this expected?

No Phoenix Strike/kicks. Am I missing out on a lot here being 'pure' Tiger Strike?

How much worse 'in reality' is Shadow Warrior than Shadow Master? Mostly, I don't like Mind Blast happening but the resist seems important.

It sometimes seems like a lot of my damage is coming from 25% CB boots and a lot of +atk speed. I've got a Strength runeword katar (+3 Death Sentry, used it until I got second Bartucs) and I can't pin down how the 25% CB from that stacks with everything else. If it's my off-hand weapon, will it only add CB % to strikes with that weapon? Am I overestimating CB's effect on non-boss mobs or should I craft blood gloves instead of the +3 MA blue gloves I currently have?

Thanks for any help.|||It seems like a DClaw focused sin, right? Maxicek has a nice build about one, and the strategies part should at least be helpful.



Regarding Warrior vs Master, it's all about taste. The Warrior has res, but not as much as the Master. She's more niche in her attacks (usually melee), whereas the Master is more crowd focused. She'll MB (sometimes annoying when it's on a low life opponent), but also use PS occasionally and the meteor / ice web can be helpful.



25% CB on a claw will only apply to attacks that strike using that claw. For kicks, that claw has to be the primary claw. Another source of 25% CB is from Goblin Toe boots, and that will apply to both claws.



For gloves, whatever you use, focus on IAS. DClaw, as you've likely noticed, is pretty slow while Faded. With Treachery, it adds that res and DR%, but you need some speed. + skills won't be as helpful, and while blood gloves are good, IAS is your key focus for these.|||Well of course your feeling fragile. 936 in hell isn't much, especially while cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment