Thursday, April 12, 2012

Taking Blade Fury to PvP

[:1]Hey guys, I'm going to try and take my furysin to PvP, and I need help deciding between two setups:

She's using an eth Fury Suwayyah, Fortitude, upped Gores, Highlords, Arach, crafted Knockback gloves with mana leech, Raven and BK. What I need to decide on is the shield and helm:

1. CoA (2x ed/fhr jewels)

Stormshield (rare ed/fhr/reqs/dex jewel)

Pros: -Higher block. -stacked Dr and higher resists, perhaps even use BoS over fade? - Easy to reach 86% FHR with 3 GCS or similar setup.

Cons: not nearly as much damage as the Phoenix setup.

2. CoA (2xBer)

Phoenix Monarch 400%

Pros: -with fade at level 16 or so, I can still have a nice amount of dr (47 or so) -packs a harder punch (about 300% ed less).

Cons: no block really, must use fade (for resists as well), harder to reach the FHR bp (an extra 21% needed).

Third possibility is to go with SS, and use a different helm (Guilli, Giant skull?) But CoA has a nice 30% fhr and +1 to all skills which is a bit too nice to pass on.

With no enigma, the BoS can be a nice help to move around, although my inventory is packed with frw skillers and max/ar/frw sc's.

Any comments are appreciated

Madness|||First, good luck!

Why not keep both setups? That is, use the ed/fhr CoA, and swap stormshield and phoenix as needed. Vs. chars where you'd use phoenix, you won't need max block and max DR.

You might consider getting your hands on an eth fool's claw if you can; the mess of AR should give you a lot more situations in which you can keep wearing highlord's instead of having to switch to angelic's.|||y good point, but, would it work with a 40 ias 450ed high damage claw? sox with 2 ohm to get a 550 ed, that would be sick, or am im wrong?|||Thanks for the good luck, I'll need it

It would have to be a really sick claw to work, as the mods on Fury are pretty insane. I don't have one right now anyway... But I guess Fools would help.

As it is, I'm going to use some ar-life/frw charms to help me out. Each blade packs quite a punch, so Im hoping that even with the storm setup, I wont need too many hits. THe hard part is aiming

And I'll probably have both setups in stash, yeah, but more input never hurts.

Also, how much life should I aim for pre/post cta? With the dr she's pretty beefy, but my PvP experience is pretty small, assassins especially.|||Quote:








y good point, but, would it work with a 40 ias 450ed high damage claw? sox with 2 ohm to get a 550 ed, that would be sick, or am im wrong?




Such a claw, assuming eth, would be worth something on the order of 1000x the rest of this char though. The competition amongs ghost players to get their hands on it would be ferocious. There's only one similar claw I know of on east NL.

An eth fool's claw will be much easier to get his hands on.

Of course, the advantage to this char is that he doesn't need a zod or ias in the weapon. You might actually find a good deal this way.

I can't say how much life you'll need pre bo or post. I've never seen a HLD fury sin, only LLDers and those were all at level 18. You'll just have to try to strike a balance of your own between life and mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment