Thursday, April 12, 2012

Armour Choice on WW assassin?

[:1]Hello there.

Im currently in the procces of building a WW assassin for PvM.

The armours that I originally was considering making was either Stone, Gloom, Duress.

But yesterday some nice guy just gave me a vex and a ber rune, and with the ber I can now make an Enigma.

My question is if the Enigma is the best choice on a WW assassin, when im not going to play PvP but PvM, or if one of the other three would be better for this build?

Thanks.|||Enigma gives you mobility....

Hmmm. Fortitude might be good?|||I don't care much for Enigma, but some will say it's essential. If you go that route and use some FCR equipment you lose damage as well, so in that case it's best not to play above P3. That's the best player setting to farm at anyway and probably the optimal way to go. Even with a max damage setup the char doesn't do great in bigger games, not solo anyway.

It helps heaps if you can get you and your merc to attack the same thing so you get your first corpses faster, and I find Dragon Flight sufficient for that, i.e. it's not like you need teleport. Although CoH doesn't quite give you that physical damage that Fort brings, the +skills and res make up for it (the res allows me to use BoS most of the time), and it has okay ED vs demons and undead. Both are great.

If you can afford Enigma my advice would be to get Infinity first as nothing else will help you more. Make something cheapish like Gloom or Duress in the meantime.|||I have a question.

I will be using Enigma on my WW Sin since I use this char for MFing as well.

The thing I can't decide on however is where to put it in.

Should I use a Mageplate so I save about 40-50 statpoints that can be used to increase my Vitality.

Or

Should I use an Archon Plate to get about 300-350 more defence on my armour + some extra dmg from the 70 str.

I'm leaning towards Mageplate also because my necro could then use it in the future as well. However I want the best for my Sin even if that means the armour isn't gonna be easily usable for my Necro.|||You've got no enhanced defense modifier so defense is pretty pointless. Use the Mageplate and spend an extra 50 points in strength if you want |||Quote:








You've got no enhanced defense modifier so defense is pretty pointless. Use the Mageplate and spend an extra 50 points in strength if you want




Save 50 points you mean, and I agree, mageplate should be the best choice between the two. AP enigmas are rarely useful, I'd only consider one if it's a char meant to use CoA or similar high strength items.

No comments:

Post a Comment